At S&J, our aim is to have gender equality and we strive to provide the same outcomes and privileges to both men and women.
Our basic framework to ensure equality includes:
– Equal pay for the jobs or roles which are the same
– No barriers to participate fully in the workplace
– No discrimination with regards to family and caregiving responsibilities
– Equal access to leadership positions
We are proud of our non-discrimination and equality policy which has resulted in that 74% of S&J’s employees are female, with a majority of senior management positions held by women. In our business, gender is never a bar to promotion and being a valued team member.
The Forest Stewardship Council is a global non-profit organization that sets the standards for what is a responsibly managed forest, both environmentally and socially. We are delighted to have been granted the FSC chain of custody certification that tracks FSC-certified material from forest to store, and embraces all our paper-based packaging.
FSC Certification covers much more than the trees themselves – it also ensures that local communities are respected, the habitats of endangered plant and animal species are protected, and that workers are properly paid.
We are also firm supporters of Fair Trade, whose stated goal is to help producers in developing countries achieve better trading conditions and improved social and environmental standards.
S&J products are a blend of organic ingredients and over the past 7 years we have worked extremely hard to eliminate, or reduce to minimal levels, all potentially harmful chemicals from both our products and production processes. For example, sodium lauryl sulphate, triethanolamine and triclosan, which have been deemed harmful in excessive quantities, have been totally removed from our products, and others reduced to minimal levels, well below harmful levels.
…and we work hard to minimize our impact on the earth’s resources.
– we have significantly decreased our carbon dioxide emissions through a reduction in transportation and power consumption, whilst making a positive contribution through extensive planting of trees and shrubs.
– we have invested heavily in water treatment facilities and, now, all water used in the manufacturing process is 100% recycled
– at our manufacturing sites we promote “Green Production” through a program of “reduce, reuse, recycle” for all the materials that are involved in our processes.
– we are committed to renewable energy through the effective use of solar cells.
We are delighted to announce that we have recently been granted preferred supplier status by major Philippines organization, Unilab
Watsons Personal Care Stores, the largest healthcare and beauty care chain store in Asia has recently informed us that our WS Wax Beer Hair Treatment and Natural by Watsons Beeswax Body Scrub are now two of its best selling product lines – a great testament to our product development program.